You will love our new Cricut Air Explore 2!
The Cricut is a cutting machine that can draw or cut out intricate patterns using a variety of materials – vinyl, cardstock, paper and more! You can create ready-made or custom iron-on decals, vinyl stickers, and labels that can add zing to t-shirts, walls, binders, windows, and bulletin or dry erase boards.
Bring your own materials to cut, or buy paper, vinyl, or cardstock for a small fee from the WERC. We have a dedicated computer for use with the Cricut Explore Air 2. We can log in to our own Cricut account, or you may log in to your account if you already have designs saved in your library. Our Cricut library of images may be small, but it continues to grow with each use!
Using the Cricut
For “Ready-to-Make” projects, the Cricut Design Space software will tell you what materials you need to complete your design. Otherwise, set up your design in the design space, and follow the instructions below.
- If cutting, choose the correct Cricut blade for your materials. If you need a different blade, ask the WERC staff to change it for you. Get the Cricut mat, peel off the plastic coating, stick on and line up your materials however you have it set up in the Cricut Canvas/Design Space.
- Load the mat into the machine only when the Cricut Design Space prompts you to do so.
- Follow the prompts given.
- Use the Cricut tools available for picking and peeling away unwanted pieces of your design.
Things to Remember
- The Cricut uses sharp blades to cut materials. Please do not handle blades yourself. During the cutting process, do not put your hands or other objects in the cutting area,
- We cannot put oddly shaped paper through our printers.
- Place the plastic coating back onto the sticky mat as soon as you are done with the mat.
Want to Learn More?
There are many tutorials online which can inform your projects if you’re not sure how to create something.
Getting Started - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OjywJZp3jM
Downloading Images - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x7Dw2LAjpA
Layered Images - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk41z4qdY8k
Making a T-Shirt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfLcKsflR2o
Explore YouTube for even more tutorial and example videos! Happy Making!