- Borrowers are subject to the rules and regulations of the lending library and are responsible for knowing and observing these rules.
- Borrowers must present the lending library with a valid, current ALI Borrowers Card issued by the home institution, campus identification, and a photo ID with a current address. Some lending libraries may issue an additional borrowers card.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe and timely return of materials to the lending library. Borrowers may return items via their home institution's INFO Express courier service, but they are responsible for any overdue charges incurred.
- Borrowers should report lost or damaged materials to the library from which the item was borrowed.
- Borrowers are responsible for all financial obligations incurred at the lending library. Failure to receive notification does not absolve borrowers of library obligations.
- Borrowers are responsible for supplying a current mailing address to the lending library.
At the IUSB libraries, ALI card carriers will receive the same privileges as Indiana residents.