The Schurz Library and the WERC will be open to faculty, students, and staff beginning Monday, January 11, 2021. Reduced hours will continue through the spring semester. Check library hours for additional information.
Course Reserve Changes! Schurz Library Course Reserves is available to you and your students. You can submit reserve requests via our online form. However, due to some temporary staffing adjustments, please direct all RESERVES inquiries to Kathy Plodowski (email@example.com or 574-520-4380) rather than Barbara Allen this semester.
Library Services: Information on library services is available on the IU South Bend Libraries’ webpages.
Zoom Rooms – Reserve a Zoom room. Stop at the Circulation Desk on the first floor for a Zoom room key or if you have questions about reserving a room.
Curbside pickup resumes January 11, 2021.
Community users: The IU South Bend Libraries are currently closed to community users per Indiana University policy. Appointments can be made for Archives & Special Collections, Government Publications, and the WERC. Community users with Resident/Affiliate library cards may check out library materials and pick them up via our convenient Curbside Delivery service.
You can also schedule an online research appointment with a librarian who has expertise on your subject.
Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons (WERC)
For questions about the Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons and its collections or production services, visit, call 574-520-4120, or email the WERC.
Start your research by searching for resources from online collections.
Academic Centers for Excellence is virtual this semester. Visit the website for additional information.
Your safety is our priority.
- Masks are required inside the library – even if you are sitting alone. A mask is not required if you are using a Zoom room or library study room, as long as the room door is shut.
- Forget your mask? Don’t worry – we have extras at the Circulation desks in the Schurz Library and WERC.
- Group study rooms can be reserved for individual use only.
- Conference rooms are unavailable.
- Seating capacity is reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Cleaning supplies are available on each floor.