- Group study rooms are located on the 4th & 5th floors.
- Reserved rooms are available only to IU South Bend faculty, staff, and students. Community users may use the "first come first served" rooms available.
- Rooms are self-monitoring. If someone is in the room and it is your turn, you may kindly ask them to leave. Staff at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor are also available for assistance.
- Groups late for reserved space may lose their reservation. After 10 minutes, the study rooms on the 4th & 5th floors become first come first served.
- For assistance with equipment, contact the lab consultant at the Hammes Information Desk, 1st floor.
- Be aware that these rooms are not sound proof and walls are thin. Keep the volume and your conversations/discussions low. Groups that are too loud may be asked to leave.
- Furniture may not be moved in or out of the rooms.
- Remove your food and drinks from the room when you leave. Used food containers should be disposed of in appropriate trash containers.
- Dry erase markers, fans and computer cords are available for check out at the Circulation Desk.
- Do not leave anything of value in a study room or conference room. The Schurz Library is not liable for lost or stolen items.
Group Study/Conference Rooms Policies
Last Reviewed: 05/2016