Schurz Library Services Display Case Policy
The Schurz Library display cases and display areas are intended to contribute to the enrichment and education of library users. We invite groups and departments on campus to use the locked southeast display cabinet (10ft x 5ft) provided the contents increase the awareness of Library collections, services or events.
- We encourage displays of a controversial nature to be handled in a scholarly and fair manner.
- Exhibits may not be used to promote commercial concerns.
- The Library reserves the right to deny requests for displays that do not meet the above criteria.
Library users may request that displayed items from the library circulating collection be checked out.
Requests for use of the Southeast display can be made by filling out the display form.
Displays may be put up on the first weekday (Monday through Friday) of the month and taken down during the last weekday of the month during the following times:
- Monday through Wednesdays: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Exhibitors must provide a card or banner identifying the group and title of the exhibit. Exhibitors are also responsible for placing the materials in the cases and removing them at the designated times. This includes any staples and mounting pins.
NOTE: Materials on display have the same security as the library collection, and there are no special security features for display areas outside of a lock. Irreplaceable items or items of great value should not be included in a display.