The purpose of the University's records management program is:
- To effectively and systematically manage records throughout their lifetime.
- To ensure that records are adequately protected.
- To preserve IU South Bend history.
- To remove inactive or obsolete records from offices at the appropriate time.
- To comply with all applicable internal, state, and federal policies regarding the creation and disposition of University records.
The IUSB Archivist, Scott Shoger, oversees the records management program at IU South Bend. Along with providing overall direction and guidelines, he provides consultat ion with university offices or departments in need of records management guidance, training, and assistance. Once records are deposited in the University Archives, he ensures that the materials are accessible.
Contact Scott: email@example.com or (574) 520-4392.
The Archives office is located on the second floor of Schurz Library, Room 206.