Updated March 24
Beginning Wednesday, March 25th, both the Franklin D. Schurz Library and the Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons will be closed. In response to the rapidly changing situation with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and with the safety and well-being of students, faculty, staff and others in mind, we will be providing only remote services. All events have been cancelled.
Services that will continue include:
- Research Help - Librarians will remain available throughout the semester for student and faculty research support through chat on our homepage and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will also be monitoring our voice mail at 574-520-4441. Hours for chat are: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Archives and Special Collections Assistance - Archives staff can help you via email (email@example.com) or by calling 574-520-4392.
- Online collections – During this time, we encourage you to fully utilize the libraries’ many 24/7 online resources. Our subject guides are a great place to start your research!
- Interlibrary loan – Online articles and book chapters
- Purchasing of Materials – Contact your subject librarians or Susan Thomas for films
- Q110 Instruction
Book delivery to your door
For those who need physical items from the libraries, we are mailing up to five books to your home! Please allow 7-10 days for delivery. We also will scan limited sections of materials on course reserve to cover the period of virtual instruction.
- At Schurz Library, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 574-520-4433.
- At the WERC, contact: Ryan Weber or call 574-520-4120
- For films on reserve, contact Susan Thomas to see if a streamed version is available.
All future fines are waived for IU South Bend items that may become overdue for the foreseeable future. The book drops are still available should you want to return any items.
Expanded online resources for teaching
Many library vendors and publishers have made additional online resources available. Our Faculty guide to Online Resources for Teaching provides lots of useful information to enhance online teaching.
Thank you for your patience, support and kindness as we navigate through this unprecedented time. Stay safe and healthy.
Vicki Bloom, Dean of Library Services